Wednesday, March 10

Breakfast with Dad

Nutrition for the body in the morning, some say the most important meal of the day. My dad and I, after sending my sister, Elaine to school, had quite a little adventure looking for food to eat before I board a bus to the City of the Lions.

We bought the bus ticket, left the car at the station and decided that walking(side note: Global warming and climate changes are getting a little out of hand so please try not to use fuel whenever posible) to McDonald's for breakfast would be good. So dad travelled with me on foot for a bit shy of one-tenth of a mile, to find out that coffee was not available and they only had tea, not even Milo! We simultaneously turned our heads away from the counter and looked at each other, eye-to-eye. At that moment dad and I both shared a mutual understanding, that having breakfast at McDonald's today was a no-no.

So, I had a brilliant idea of walking further to Tan Li Seng, a rather traditional coffee shop in the central of town, besides the setting and the food, the prices are good too. However dad and I were a little bit too early, we could not eat even though dad knew(knows) the owner because the water had not started boiling. Second attempt to sitting down for a good breakfast failed!

In the end we walked to the railway station for their famous breakfast. Kluang Railway Coffee, one of the things that the people of this town are proud of. The Milo was a bit too hot for me but I had time to let it cool as I ate my half-boiled eggs and toasted bread. I am not sure, but dad probably enjoyed his coffee.
We spend some time chatting and he told stories about our family when he was younger, which I love to hear. Today he said that one of my aunts with her kids once took a train to Renggam, and grandpa drove to the same place at around the same time. Why? Because her children wanted to experience train ride. Haha... My aunt and her children got off the train at Renggam and came back home with grandpa in his car, how cute is that.

Anyway, had a great time with dad walking all around in town. Did not know having breakfast can sometimes require so much walking!

2 comments:

elween said...

Not when parents repeat the same old stories over and over again....

ok la...very cute.

Joel Yap said...

Hahaha, if same story then of course boring la...
=P


But Aunty Lucy's wise words sounds interesting