Tuesday, September 7

Semester 1 over

Just took my final paper today, which marks the end of my very first semester in the School of Health Sciences, Nanyang Polytechnic.

Just like that, 16 weeks of classes and 3 weeks of hospital attachment has ended. Just like that, I am one more step closer to becoming a nurse. My memory of the first step is still so vivid, the step that was so difficult to take, followed by various consecutive steps. So many changes, so much change. So many ups and downs along the way.

During this first semester I've seen wonders and miracles on a personal level. Experienced providence and blessing, not forgetting fulfilled promises. Also reminded that, unfortunately, not all promises are fulfilled all the time.

My eyes were opened to a glimpse of the world. I see the things that make it so ugly: Materialism, Conditional Love, Racism, Sexism, Ungratefulness and more. I see hurting people in need of love and understanding. I see them wandering in this fallen world, searching for temporary relieves. Alas, I see loneliness in myself also. Thus am reminded that no man is an island.

The feasibility of this journey depended on faith for financial providence. And faith paid off for my fees and bills. I really thank all who helped in their own ways to open this door for me. Not going to mention names here but will not forget any of them.

Time to take a rest, enjoy my holiday and get prepared for Semester 2!

No comments: