Sunday, March 17

Handwriting

Mine needs improvement.

In primary school, I remember being spoken to by numerous teachers regarding my handwriting. In Year 3, there was this teacher who even went to the lengths of summoning me to her office during recess, just to practise writing more neatly. It was only half of the recess time, she had a heart. Many years had passed now, unfortunately my handwriting remains just as terrible if it did not become more worse. Writing this, I recall a clinical instructor back in the hospital who once said to me, "you can make a good nurse, but your handwriting sucks!" Hehe! I did not argue with her but took note of her words with a smile. May God bless these good people and anyone else who warned or tried doing something about my penmanship!

This evening at this moment, I am sitting at a local cafe near where I live; here not for the food but rather access to the Internet. Do you know that in some places you just write down your order on a piece of paper, usually in codes, and the waitresses will collect that paper and key in what you want and soon bring your food to your table? Where I am practises just that; and I just received the wrong beverage because the waitress mistook what I wrote - "607" for a "601" and thereby served me white coffee instead of tea, which I had been craving for all weekend. On the brighter side, the manager agreed to replace my order and I am now awaiting to enjoy that cup of tea. As a grateful customer, of course, I intend to apologise to the waitress on my way out later. So glad for not having to suffer the consequences of not-so-good handwriting tonight.

Turning 22 this year, if I do not die in a terrible car accident or get caught in the middle of a gunfight. Is there still a possibility to make improvements in penmanship?
 

No comments: