Sunday, April 14

GE13: Ubah?

Went for a Pakatan Rakyat ceramah in my hometown this evening. Lots of people turned up; parking space was not easy to find, which I did not quite mind. The crowd was big and loud. And the speakers were also loud and clear about their ambition to form Federal Government.

Politicians will be politicians, they need not to only convince their voters to vote for them by mere performance in Parliament and/or Cabinet, but also have to engage with voters through speeches with good conviction about what they talk about. From experience, such speeches seem to be rather fiery and I have noticed that energy levels rise with the size of audience.

Just one observation I feel might be worth sharing, a good majority of the turnout this evening belonged the Chinese community. Not trying to imply anything here but I believe this to be a truth: Without support from the Malay population, Change can never take place.
 

No comments: