Friday, October 15

Be careful what you ask

We are always in need, we are always in want. But be careful what you ask for because you never know when you'll get it.

Around two years ago I was in National Service, wanted to get out so badly that I went round looking for mosquitoes to bite me just so that I could get dengue fever. "Dear God, will You please send an Aedes mosquito from heaven to rescue me," I prayed.

Lo and behold that prayer was answered this week. Having a fever for about half a week and my blood test reports positive for dengue fever.
Of all times, why now?
Semester 2 begins on Monday and I am down with dengue fever now?

Should have 'cancelled' that prayer after National Service ended.
Or maybe it is by fate that I took a look at a glimpse of how efficient our government's healthcare service is. By the way I do not require hospitalisation but need to report for blood test daily. Today was the first time I went to a government clinic and I walked out of it in frustration. They thought they were playing soccer, refering me from counter to counter back and fourth! Not going there anymore.

Government services are supposed to benefit the public, period.

No comments: