Tuesday, October 5

Call of Duty

I don't play the entitled video game though I know it is quite good, with excellent graphics and sound.

Have just been thinking about the word "duty".
Every person in this world, I believe, was created with a plan to fulfill. Each and everyone of us have a calling, a purpose to serve.

A long term/ big picture calling that requires many steps of faith is what many are interested in in their lives and they go about searching for it. I have at this point of time taken my first step in answering mine in the mission of healthcare. Not absolutely sure that I should be doing what I intend to do in the near future, forever. I shall do it with gladness and perseverance nonetheless.

Besides that "great" calling, there are also stuff that all should generally do. Simple things like taking care of whatever we have? After all we don't really own what we own, rite?
Right now my purpose in holiday life is to rest well and prepare for the coming semester. Besides that, I find it necessary to commit to family. You know, being home where your friends are is nice. You miss them, they miss you, most of us are free to drive around and hang out together. I'm warning myself not to neglect my family. It's not a very easy thing to do though.
Today I sent mommy to work and picked her up for lunch, then picked sister from school and brought her to lunch on the way home. In doing these I find a sense of satisfaction, serving my family as well as being a responsible steward of a car. And if, just if, I can, I might prepare dinner before mom and dad come home.

Not attempting to boast here, but I just need to write these down so as to have a reference or reminder when I start to fail in being a dutiful son and brother.

A man must take care of his family. I do not have an income yet, but there are many ways to contribute to the family.

No comments: