Thursday, January 19

Goodbye to Kitty

The kitten I rescued that followed me home two nights ago had to leave lest she starve to death as my house mates and I are returning to our respective homes for Chinese New Year. No one will be in for at least four days. No choice but to say goodbye to the little cat. By the way, I named her Pandai.

I never felt more like a new father before; throughout Pandai's stay with me I bathed her twice, fed her more than twice and constantly thought about her. Not sure how to put this in appropriate words but I guess Pandai enjoys my company. She likes to rub her fur on me from time to time, this scares me when I'm unaware of her doing it. She seems to like playing with me too. The lazy afternoon we spent together yesterday was one of my most satisfying activity of the week. However, like any father-child relationship, there were times that called for some disciplining for Pandai's own good; like whenever she starts to scratch the furniture or jump on my books.

Sigh, our meals. I eat out or buy takeaways. For the past two days I never failed to buy some extra fish for Pandai. By the way, not stuff that I would usually pay to eat. And I tend to feel upset when she doesn't eat her food. So this is how parents feel when their children refuse to eat or play with their food, huh? Nevertheless Pandai will always finish her food at her own time.

Lastly, I am most appreciative of Pandai's kindness in excreting her wastes as I hoped, in a place I provided. Took some sand and placed it in the kitchen. She did it! In the sand! That saved me a lot of washing.

Well, it is time to say goodbye to Pandai. I regret not having the time and capacity to look after a cat. And I pray that Pandai will be safe and taken care of. Goodbye.

No comments: