Wednesday, February 15

We climbed

I finally got out for some exercise! Figured I could use some lest I continued to grow horizontally.

Was going to do it with a few friends but due to some errors in communication, or people waking up early, two guys showed up by 8 o'clock this morning. My friend and I waited for about half an hour in his car before deciding to go ahead with the mountain climb without waiting for the rest who were coming at 10 o'clock.

After weeks of a rather sedentary lifestyle, it wasn't easy to start exercising again! My heart was pounding and my lungs were tired. There were many times I wanted to give up albeit it was just a simple hike. I tried convincing my buddy to start heading down for breakfast but somehow we didn't give up so easily. Not that it was such a difficult climb, and not that we reached the top. But it wasn't a cup of tea for me. yet.


Long story cut short for your sakes, we made it to a certain altitude before going for breakfast and I am glad we went for that climb before filling our stomachs. Also glad that we went alone as we would have slowed the team down if we climbed with the other friends. Breakfast was great. The catching up was delightful. I am happy with our morning this day.

When one runs, he or she runs far; when two or three run, they run far. How true!

No comments: