Monday, May 9

Surprise phone call

It rang, when I wanted to go to bed. Yes, I plan to go to bed this early but I guess I have enough time for one blog post here and now.

I was feeling a little homesick so I occupied myself by having some fun in editing a few old photographs taken few months back. As I was done with the last piece for the night I wanted to make my way to the bathroom already. Suddenly the mobile phone rang. "This is odd, my Singaporean phone doesn't ring often," I thought. So I picked it up, and immediately recognised the voice on the other side! It was Mr. W speaking in his unique accent which was and most probably always will be, pleasant to my ears despite my difficulty understanding him at times.

Looks like an ex-patient has been missing me. Or maybe he is now out of wet tissues, which I gave to him, by the way. I had been visitting him on and off for a few weeks now, ever since his discharge from Tan Tock Seng Hospital.

Anyway, I'll see him in the morning. After buying Tamil newspapers and perhaps some food. Speaking of which, sometimes it's fun to watch the expression on the cashier's face(and maybe some customers' too) whenever I go to buy Tamil newspapers. At times they might not even resist checking with me, "Do you know this is in Tamil?" and I always enjoy replying "Yes!" to them. And whenever Mr. W offers me payment for the stuff I bring along during my visits, I reject him gladly. However I appreciate his appreciation even more!






This was the first time he called me.
Oh what joy it is to put a smile on Mr. W's face.

1 comment:

Mayyee Yapyap said...

great to hear this le..sure u feel over the moon right especially ppl appreciate u so much..Keep it up,Joya!!