Thursday, November 19

Forgo, Forget and Forgive

Wisdom makes one wise man more powerful than ten rulers in a city. There is not a righteous man on earth who does what is right and never sins. Do not pay attention to every word people say or you may hear your servant cursing you-- for you know in your heart that many times you yourself have cursed others.
Ecclesiates 7:19-22


To forgo my rights as a human, forget the wrongs that were done to me, and forgive the person who did all those wrongs to me.
Today I make that decision.

Hard decision to make, I must admit. There was so much anger and dissatisfaction.
I could pursue many matters, a lot had happened that were unspoken of and unrevealed because I chose(choose) to stay silent. But I could make things difficult for that man who does not deserve his position as a teacher, and I could make him very ugly. Personally, he is a total insult to the teaching profession.

Anyway I want to make it official that I shall let the matter rest.
The Bible never teaches us to fight for our own rights, so there goes my rights, but so goes my respect for the scumbag who doesn't deserve his occupation.

Some random words for the boy two doors away who owes me apologies:


Maturity and Respect
Given the way he takes comments,
Maturity so great possess;
Given the way he shows respect,
Pride and face do he protect.

Maturity in extravagance-
Like stripes on a hundred Dalmations,
...and so for the respect he deserves
Shall I love him nonetheless

© Joel Yap



Those who have eyes and wisdom shall see, 
those who have mouth but no wisdom shall gossip, 
those who have ears and wisdom shall discern....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Joel Yap said...

Wow, thanks very much. Feel free to comment whenever you have some thoughts to share with me.
=)