Wednesday, November 4

Ridiculous: I Win

I have won because I defeated him, yes I defeated him.
Taking a quick peak at the following blog posts will give you a better understanding on what I am about to say.


Ridiculous - 29 August 2009
Ridiculous (part 2) - 31 August 2009
Ridiculous (part 3) - 2 September 2009

Blg Pengajian Am: Ridiculous? - 14 October 2009
Blg Pengajian Am: Ridiculous (part 2) - 31 October 2009
Blg Pengajian Am: Ridiculous (part 3) - 31 October 2009


Yes it is true, this guy by the name of Razali Samad copied my blog posts concerning his blog, and published them on his blog. To put in simpler term, it is my post in his post.

For what reason I do not know, but he even stole a photograph of me from another blog entry on the same blog where he copied the Ridiculous posts.
Notice I used the word "STOLE". Well, I was the one who uploaded the photo on an open blog, so it can neither be considered as stealing nor intruding of privacy? But I posted the picture with other intentions in mind, definitely not to make myself look bad. I was talking about a totally different matter in the blog post where the picture was up on.
Mr. Razali Samad blatantly took my photo out of context and posted it up on his blog where he copied Ridiculous. Furthermore, he went the second mile by printing it(content and photo) out on papers to be distributed to some teachers, including the principal. To me, that was a second mile travelled wrongly. Haha...
Taking my photo out of context to make me look bad. With neither permission nor apology, how ridiculous.

Nevertheless, after numerous comments have been made by multiple parties, Mr. Razali Samad finally gave in and miraculously did one right thing by removing my photo.
I could have made a big fuss and have parents, teachers, friends and others to join me, just for this- stealing my photo and taking it out of context. Defamation!
But I did not.

Forget about the photo, I am not as petty as he is. Willing to learn to let go- what he doesn't know to.

What about the content of my blog posts? Apparently what I said concerning his actions stands firm till now. If the things I said against him were false accusations made by a rebellious student, how come no one is able to prove it?
Something for everyone to think about.
Sorry about the harsh words used, I may have been a bit unfair towards him probably because emotions were in the way then. That I am sorry about and I apologize.
And if there is any inaccuracy about what I have written against him, please let me know. I am more than willing to listen and understand.

I almost forgot, why is the title Ridiculous: I Win?
I realised I have somewhat won this "little game with the teacher" because I defeated him. Why was he defeated? Because I defeated the purpose of his blog.
The purpose of pam900.blogspot.com was supposed to be educational. However it has become a space for gossip and who knows what other things.


Why do we see personal affairs being brought into the blog? Why do we see gossip in the chatbox on it? Why are messages at Mr. Razali's disadvantage being deleted while judgemental comments not against him remain in the chatbox? Why is there even a need for a chatbox in the first place?


The Pengajian Am blog was created for educational purposes? To serve students? Provide students with useful information and materials? All these are very noble intentions and I am truly impressed by the sacrifices Mr. Razali made for the running of the blog, if he is sincere.


However it has now become more like a personal blog where blogging is done for personal benefits of the blogger.
Attack me and defend himself at the same time by making certain people happy?
He can try to attack me for all I care. Pleasing the people on the blog like that just makes me laugh. I did not say it is wrong to do so, so don't get me wrong. You'll probably see this on his blog soon.
As far as I am concerned, I already defeated his blog because I defeated his purpose of blogging.

Of all the things I have mentioned against Mr. Razali in my blog posts, I wish to talk about one point: giving exam tips on the blog

During the first assessment or ujian, Mr. Razali Samad posted tips on his blog and went round to classrooms writing "pam900.blogspot.com" on each blackboard except for the "lecture hall"! Because it had a whiteboard. Hehe.. Ya, so, he wrote down the words "exam tips" followed by the blog address mentioned above, in the Lower 6 classrooms. What an awful way to advertise a blog...
Assuming giving exam tips is not wrong(he claims he only gave the theme), what bothers me is why must students visit the blog in order to get the tips? If he could write his blog address on blackboards? Why didn't he just write down the tips?

Everyone knew the topic of what was going to be asked in the test paper then instead of just the theme. but let's not go into that anymore.
My question is this, again: Why write a blog address when he could have written the tips?
A probable answer and the most reasonable explanation would be that he wanted to increase his blog traffic.
Why increase blog traffic? So he can write a good report on the progress of the blog to who-knows-who.
Manipulation of results, I would say. Unethical, it seems.
Again, please give it a thought. If giving students exam tips is nothing wrong, why do it only on a blog when he could have easily done so in school?


Can someone so adamantly incapable of admitting to a fault as well as making an apology, be qualified to teach?

Enough said, I have to admit I am however, rather amused to see some people making a fool out of themselves.

Those who have the ability to read insult their ability when they jump into conclusions before thinking about what they have read.
Those who are wise and put their wisdom into practice when reading will be able to discern and learn that both parties- Mr. Razali and myself, have our own faults. As for my wrongs, I apologize.

This has been another experience for me to realise how some adults who have long gone through puberty can still act childishly. Maybe they deserve a reward for such an achievement, they deserve to go through puberty again. Perhaps they can still stand a chance of growing up. Let's not give up on them, but more importantly, let's not be like them.

Growing old is not an option, growing up is.
Uncle Jordan


To end, I wish to say a lot of thanks and sorry's!

To those who gave advice, encouragement and support, thank you very much!
To those who rebuked me in love, I thank you even more.

To those who may have, in any way, been offended by anything that I have written(anything at all), I am so sorry.

Come on, leave a comment and tell me what you think.


With an open mind,
joel



Here's some random words I wrote for the boy two doors away who owes me apologies,
Maturity and Respect
Given the way he takes comments,
Maturity so great possess;
Given the way he shows respect,
Pride and face do he protect.

Maturity in extravagance-
Like stripes on a hundred Dalmations,
...and so for the respect he deserves
Shall I love him nonetheless

© Joel Yap

5 comments:

MR. WOON - STAB/tmn Seri Kluang said...

It's not about winning even though it is regarding blogging.It's about speaking out your view and voicing out misdeed. A blogger has to accept
positive and negative comments. Be mature enough to do so. Be secure enough to accept difference in opinion.

Joel Yap said...

Ya... waiting for comments and feedback.

Thanks uncle Woon..
I find what you said meaningful, to be secure enough to accept differences in opinion.
Thanks for the reminder!

Ken Wooi said...

we cant please everyone.. there's always criticisms everywhere.. =)

kenwooi.com

conan_cat said...

well, i still think you've pawned him, hands down.

wtf copying another person's blog post and treat it as his own, so much for originality as a blogger :/ let alone an educational one!

gah!

theeggyolks said...

hi there! I read your post and went over to that razali's blog. Felt sorry for you. Anyway, cheer up!