Monday, January 31

Ponteng

I am now in school, waiting for today's classes to end so I can go ahead on my journey back home to Kluang. There is another lecture tomorrow prior to the Chinese New Year break, however.

Trying to weigh the options out as to when to head back home.

Between opportunities to meet up with friends in need and basic expectations of a student, it is honestly a difficult choice to make. Skip tomorrow's lecture to see friends before they leave town the day after; or carry out my due responsibilities as a student? Warning myself that I do not skip classes for selfish gains if I ever do.

Actually I was quite certain of returning today, the moment I learned last night about some bad news- flooding in Kluang. Packing for home this time lacked the usual excitement and joy. First time preparing for the trip with a heavy heart. I hope all is well with the town and everyone in it. Have been praying for a few people lately, now the weather is added to my prayer list.

So I will be skipping lecture tomorrow, intentionally for the first time this semester but with justified intentions, I believe. By the way, we take our attendance by scanning our student ID's. A test of character: I will not get anybody to help take my attendance, choose not to cheat the lecturer as well as my conscience.

Pray for Kluang!

No comments: