Tuesday, February 1

Warm Night

It was a cool night in Kluang with a breeze but the night was warm. What a relief to see for myself that the floods had subsided. I showed up at the doorstep and gave mother a fright, for she was expecting me only tonight. A homecoming hug followed by some simple chats; then my stomach started growling. Finally went on my bike, headed out to town for supper with some peers. The winds were blowing strongly, so fun to ride again; it has been a long time ever since I last did. Great to be riding again; greater to see my friends.
It was a cold night after a long rain. I slept with a blanket once again; it has been a long time too since I last did. Beneath the blanket I was in long sleeves; it too, has been a long time since I did.

And it was a warm night in Kluang.

No comments: