Saturday, July 2

Misfortunes

He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.
Matthew 5:45b

This is definitely not the first time you hear someone asking "Why do bad things happen to good people?", this is definitely not the first time I am asking this too. And I bet everyone had, in some point of their lives, asked this question before, be it to others or to themselves.

Many times I just have to wonder why must this world be so unfair. To me. To my loved ones. To strangers whom I perceive to be faultless for their misfortunes. This is a fact- good people can end up in harsh circumstances which they do not deserve to be in.

Blame it on God. Blame your neighbour. Blame yourself. Blame it on luck!
People tend to find reasons to justify their situations. As for me, I have no idea how to explain why a loved one is in pain right now. Dear cousin, hold on and stay strong. Sorry I have no right to claim I understand what you might be going through, neither do I wish to pretend to; but I know it is surely difficult.
And we all know that God works for the good of those who love Him.

Be strong!

No comments: