Sunday, July 3

Stupid

IS A WORD I ought to use less frequently. It may sound acceptable to you but it might not to another. Whenever I hang out with my mates we often call each other "bodoh" just for fun. I always thought it was alright as long as we meant no harm. The word stupid had no intentions of aggression whatsoever, its use was purely fellowship-functional.

Again, it may sound acceptable to you but it might not to another. I should have seen it coming. No two persons are the same. We are all created uniquely, each blessed with his or her own personality. We all differ in sensitivities toward various matters. I had been calling a friend stupid without knowing she was hurt.

Perhaps we should all think twice before calling each other names. Even though no offence is meant. Especially when no offence is meant.

No comments: