Tuesday, August 23

New lens!

Feeling excited over my first purchase on eBay. Happy to own another prime lens with a wide aperture. The Nikon 35mm F1.8D!

Yesterday I put up my 50mm for sale but have not decided on the price yet, even now. Now I'm having second thoughts on selling. My new lens is slightly wider than the earlier, just what I need. But the 50mm is a really good lens with almost no distortion at all. Moreover it has contributed to many good works from my photo collections. Just not sure about letting it go.

Before you start to think I'm a lens fetish, I wanted to sell only due to the lack of spare cash for more and more gear. Besides, I already have the new 35mm.
Choices are like this- giving up what you want to get what you want more.
I'm gonna need a camera bag, flashgun and tripod eventually. Not sure if these are worth saying goodbye to the old 50mm. Anyway the trade won't be able to buy me all of the above.

Having said so much, there were and still are things that I commit my money to. No need to say what but these things are important. And if I were to give up on my worthy commitments for some new hobby, I would despise my own character. Oh, and needless to say saving up for further studies. For my sister's even if not for my own.

We'll see.

No comments: