Thursday, August 18

One step back

As I became politically aware as a late-bloomer, I grew interested in how a nation is run; or should be run. And as I read, listen and learn about how a nation ought to be run, watching how things have been going on in my country, naturally I grew angry. As far as my limited bible knowledge is concerned, my anger towards injustice and the forces of evil is jujstified.

Am I angry towards the wrong that the rulling government is doing, or am I angry with the government?

Every day I feel sad as I turn to the news. Reading of people going about with their business without any fear of God. Race and religion have been diminished to mere political tools to divide and rule. Law now serves the interests of people in power. Et cetera, et cetera. There are hardly any news to make my day. Even if I felt any excitement, it would just be seeing the stupidity of certain people exposed. But this is not joy. It quickly goes away and I end up feeling depressed altogether.

Holy anger. Against what is wrong and unpleasant in God's sight. At which evil trembles at.

Some questions to myself:
  1. Are my prayers fueled by anger towards certain groups or love for the country?
  2. Is my anger motivated by my love for the country?

Perhaps until my motives are right, I should consider taking a break from reading the news regarding Malaysia.
Perhaps until my motives are right, I am no longer sure of the purpose of my enthusiasm for a better Malaysia, all the prayers and tears.

No comments: