Sunday, August 21

One day of silence

My mouth had only ever opened to eat, to drink, and to yawn. For today, and pretty much half of the day before.
Why? Thanks to living alone in a room. No wonder Mr. Bean was so weird, special in his own ways. But he had no problem with his way of living. Maybe living alone, after a period of time, has the potential to make you weird. Haha, I'm just guessing. Anyway I am already not that normal to begin with.

I think I have almost forgotten how it feels to only need to open your mouth to eat, drink and yawn. It has been some time since I spent weekends alone not, talking to anyone. For quite a number of weeks(or months) I had been either hanging out with friends from Kluang, in Singapore; or hanging out with friends in Kluang. Today I get the taste of living alone again.

Well, it's nothing new. Last year I spent many weekends in Singapore alone. And I didn't really speak during the week nights either. Only this year did things change. I became a senior, to a few girls who also aspire to become nurses. And I moved into a new place with course mates. However today I just never spoken to anyone.

I am writing now with no intentions of complaining about my day. Some silence might be good for the soul, as long as it doesn't turn me into an antisocial monster living in its own world. Besides, keeping quiet all day beats talking to myself.

My moments of not talking is going to end soon, once I meet a friend for church soon. You know, it's always glad to have friends in a foreign land.

No comments: