Wednesday, October 19

There was chilli in my food

On the way back from a Christian gathering at college this evening, I bought duck rice for dinner. Took away rather than to dine alone at the coffee shop. Because I wanted a bath first, and my arms were loaded. Had quite a bit of weight to carry- a guitar and notebook, so I was pretty tired, not forgetting all the walking in the drizzle as well.

Anyway it was only until I had bathed, settled myself down and gone into a more relaxed mood, when I realised there was chilli sause in my rice. How great. After a long day, you finally begin to rest. Come dinner time, you open up the food packaging to find something you dislike. I do not mean to complain at all, but couldn't the hawker just be kind enough to ask before giving his customers chilli?

On the contrary as this might seem; having written what I wrote in the above paragraph, I agree to pouring chilli sause in with the rice instead of seperating the two. Surely you must have noticed seperate packets of chilli when you take away, assuming you are buying food like rice, noodles; not fruits or cheese cakes. I am in the opinion that chilli can and should be packed together with your duck rice, chicken rice, etc. as I am always for reducing plastic usage. Too much plastic are being unnecessarily wasted in our every day lives! This is an environmental issue that must be addressed at all levels of society. If every hawker were to save that one piece of plastic that was originally for a portion of seasoning, the amount of plastic saved can definitely be substantial.

Reducing plastic usage is a plausible act of kindness to our Mother Earth, however please do ask if I want the chilli sause, can? I am not upset that the guy did not seperate chilli from the duck rice he sold; I am upset because he did not seperate mine. Usually I would return the packet of chilli wherever I buy food. Little did I expect to find the sause in my rice.

There was chilli in my food.

2 comments:

mayyeeyap said...

Wondering have u eat ur chilli duck rice??

Unknown said...

That might be a secret you may never know :)