Monday, October 3

Of dying and marrying

Two of these once in a lifetime events mentioned as titled are independant of each other, as far as my intentions of writing here are concerned.

Why write? Maybe it's just the time of the year when so many people are getting married. Something to do with the Lunar calendar? Chinese poeple favour the number eight. And this is apparently the eighth month according to the Lunar calendar. Anyway my point is that recently, the carparks of Chinese restaurants have been packed almost everyday. I noticed whilst driving past these restaurants at which are known for hosting wedding banquets.

Besides, I hear of friends as well as friends of friends, getting married. Too bad I had not attended any wedding ceremonies lately.

Seeing and hearing of new marriages somehow gets you thinking about it. Or is it just me? When will it be my turn? Am I even supposed to get married too, or stay single? What will life be like for me as well as the community I am in then, after the wedding? Am I even ready for marriage?

Digressing. Recently there had been a few deaths that occured. And I attended one funeral followed by another memorial service, within the same week. Different persons, if you might be in need of clearer explanations.

Hearing of deaths somehow gets you thinking about it. Or is it just me? When will it be my turn? How will it happen? What will life be like for me as well as the community I am in then, after my departure? Am I even ready for death? If not, what am I doing about it?

No comments: