Friday, December 16

Humbled

By the painful lesson I had to learn. A failure unexpected, thanks to my apathetical behaviour prior to a simple skills assessment.

Yesterday I took the assessment once more, as my second attempt. Praise God, I passed with excellence, not that I want to boast about how good I was; but both the examiner and I agreed that my performance was good. Next, results for another assessment- Human Bioscience practical test, came out today. As announced in the lecture theatre, six students in the lecture group attained perfect scores. That is 30 right answers for 30 questions. The lecturer mentioned that two persons from my tutorial group were among those who achieved perfect scores. One female, one male. Again, I am not boasting, but everyone in the tutorial group, I believe, knew that the male student mentioned was unlikely to be anyone other than myself.

"All thanks and glory to God," was my immediate response that came to mind. I later paused and pondered: where has that cheeky and proud spirit gone to? Usually I would smirk slightly(but secretly) whenever my so-to-say achievements go public. In the past there used to be some form of pride, the kind of "I am better than many of you" attitude. Of course, many of you may not have noticed it since I am such a successful hypocrite.

Today, I received a piece of good news with a different response.
Am grateful. Am proud; and am humbled. I am happy.

Learning humility; knowing God is with me.

No comments: