Wednesday, November 3

Bad things

I cannot help but to now wonder: why do bad things meet good men?

A Christian- church-going, speaks no vulgarities, gives tithes and more, thankful and takes nothing much for granted except for prayers to be heard. I see no problem with myself falling into the category above. Or is this my self-righteousness speaking? I do not want to tell you of the good things I had done though my Flesh wishes to, neither am I so proud to declare, actually how far am I fallen short of His glory. But I can tell you this, I am found again and His presence is near. Or am I, in contrast, drifting away again? Perhaps He is getting me to pray more now.

Having said all that, I now struggle hard in abstinence towards complaining. Why are misfortunes befalling on me?! Broken watch, now broken bed. And there were(are) countless things which I valued so so much and still streasure, broken.
Sometimes I still go to bed in tears, "God, why don't you break me too?" and I would, in insomnia, pour out; knowing that God doesn't sleep anyway.

Taking the focus off myself is one method to stop self-sympathizing. There are many good people out there who meet with bad times far worse than mine. I think of friends who are in trouble in their respective ways, for doing what they believe in. Then I began to remember the good people in history, who fought injustice, did good work but faced strong opposition; When my eyes look into the mirror again, I no longer see myself going through bad times.

In a nutshell, good people are bound to suffer here on Earth(not proclaiming myself good, okay?) while the unrighteous rule. Prosperity is neither the property of the good nor the not-so-good people. Prosperity on Earth means nothing anyway.

No comments: