Sunday, April 18

Final Moments

So I will be officially leaving, but what's the problem? Coming back again this weekend, Hahaha!!
It has been a great few weeks of preparation for college, planning, packing, etc.
And I am just so thankful to my family and friends, people who have shown tremendous support in my decision and choice of further studies. All the help in many practical ways, the encouragement, information, gifts and farewell parties, really touches me and I am just so so grateful!
If you are reading this, you know who you are, thank you very much.



Final Moments
Spending the first day of the week opening gifts and reading messages,
gonna spend the consecutive as a student of another for the first day.

Spending a few final hours sleeping on my bed in my home,
gonna spend tonight laying on a different bed in a different place.

Spending Malaysian Ringgit on meals with Kluang fellows,
gonna be spending Singapore Dollars eating alone.

Spending some final moments with few worries,
gonna need to be attentive and alert from now.

A bird should never remain in its nest forever,
there must always be a time to fly;
times may get tough, and surroundings harsh,
the bird that gives up might die
but those who trust shall soar the skies
for they were made for greater heights.

© Joel Yap

No comments: