Wednesday, April 28

Just as white

Got up early in the morning, I always get up early in the morning. Wonder why mom wanted me to have an alarm clock, looks like I don't need one. Today I woke up first at 4, then around 7. The first lecture starts at 9, and the time needed for a journey to school by bus is half an hour.

So I had time, and wanted to save money by making my own breakfast. Took out my oat meal and put the water to boil. Mom gave me a big container of oats from home!

Problem: There was neither milk nor sugar to go with the oat meal.
Decided to use the landlady's(or landlord's) instead.

Pepper.....salt......sugar! Found the sugar and got my breakfast ready.


However when I started eating, it tasted horrible! My oat meal was nasty because I mistook salt for sugar.
How could that be? Salt is supposed to be finer than sugar, rite? I was sure I took the rougher one.
Well, looks truly can be deceiving. And perception can spoil your breakfast.

I am aware that there are people who take their oats with salt, but the salt in mine was too much.


Just as White
Salt and sugar, they both taste different
though just as white as each other
To differentiate one from another
rely on sight, you just really shouldn't

No comments: