Wednesday, June 30

Better connected

I am now using my very own wireless broadband, registered under my name. Feels good, finally getting connected from my rented room in Bishan. Actually I dropped by Singtel at Junction 8 before getting some groceries, to enquire about mobile broadband plans and stuff. Ended up signing up for one before checking out other service providers. Haha! Not sure whether it was being "spirit led" or purely blur. Gah.... The point is I now have easy access to the internet.

1.5Mbps for one person is a bit more than enough, should have gotten 1Mbps instead. Hahaha! Too late to reggret, already signed a 24-month contract. Even had to give Singtel a deposit worth S$200 for the line.

So anyway, now I have broadband. So what?
Must remember to use it wisely. For example do my learning online instead of wasting incredible amounts of time on the internet. Speaking of which, it is amazing how people(including myself) could be capable of just sitting in front of the computer screen. Not knowing what they(we) have done all day. I find it so scary whenever looking back at one of the seasons of my life, where I was a prisoner of the freedom of internet. So sinful to waste time, haha.


Ok, broadband. Now what?
Gonna install a webcam on the home computer back in Kluang, and teach my family how to use Skype.

Yay!

2 comments:

elween said...

ops. you mean me?

Joel Yap said...

No la no la... so sensitive for what?
...