Friday, June 4

Hospital Sponsorship offered!

Hospital Sponsorship
What I yearned for and need
To cope with out-of-home living

Much prayer from many
rovidence such as this
Now I, by grace got it

My application to Singapore General Hospital has been successful, but like everything else in this imperfect world, there is grass on the other side of the fence and it looks greener.

Other hospitals also exist in Singapore you know? And there is a particular one which I have also applied to for sponsorship. That hospital is slightly nearer to where I am staying now, and they give a little extra to foreigners. More importantly, I have friends who will be working there. That hospital looks so much nicer and there is where my heart is inclined to. I can continue elaborating on how much greener are those grasses over the fence, but at the end of the day it is directions from the One who provided, provides everything I ought to follow.

As I examined my motives for desiring to go there, I look at myself in the mirror and find reflections of selfishness. I see shame on my face with some conscience left in my eyes. Nursing is what I wanted to do, without greed for wealth in mind, ready to face ridicule and the challenges ahead. However in tonight’s mirror I nearly read, ‘Nursing was what I wanted’ and I nearly wept.


Joel, it is just a sponsorship and God has led you to SGH today though other hospitals might probably take you in. You have never lacked in anything thus far, and you never will, as long as you live not by sight. Now you are given so much, why should you need to want more?

Learn to be grateful, do not argue with grace.

Many incidents in the bible and in life show that doing the right thing is more troublesome, difficult, uncomfortable and inconvenient.

“Why should I settle for less? Why forgo what I want? It’s my my my life!”
Mommy said, “What has been given to you, just take. Learn to be contented.” and I know I should.


A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
I am thankful for the one that landed on my hand.

By the way, nursing is about putting the benefits and well-being of others before self; not the other way round.
Time to make a little U-turn.

No comments: