Saturday, July 31

makan...

Just came back from the first night of Festival of Praise 2010 at the Singapore Indoor Stadium. Planetshakers and Don Moen were there to lead the songs.

It was a great time watching how the band play and all. Good loud music!
And it was such a pleasure to be able to see Don Moen live on stage though he played a piano by himself without a band. I've sung many of his songs since the age at which I hadn't understood what I was singing. Yes, I grew up singing Don Moen's songs in church many times not knowing they were actually written by him.

Anyway, it was nice.

Why the title? Makan is in the Malay language meaning eat.
Both before and after the event this evening, I was eating.
The significance of my meals today is that I did not eat alone! Feels so good to dine together with friends. Now I start thinking, how sad are people who plenty to eat but no one to share with; it is also not good that one should have little to eat buy many to feed. So I see an apparent solution found from the Book of Luke chapter 3 verse 11, to eradicate such contrasting phenomena: “The man with two tunics should share with him who has none, and the one who has food should do the same”, says John the Baptist.

It sucks eating alone, although you may spend less as you only have your own mouth to feed. I am very happy to have friends to share food with!! Appreciate the time and company for makan...
Few is better than none. =)

No comments: