Monday, August 23

Gave now received

Last Friday I took some cash out of my wallet to get Uncle L, one of the patients in the cubicle I was assigned to. Uncle L is under palliative medicine, that means he would probably never be fully well. Yet he is still a cheerful happy old man. And since learning of what palliative care means, I somehow started to see Uncle L with a different attitude and feeling I do not know how to put into words. You could say I started to love him.

Yayaya, anyway I just bought a simple snack for him because he is so encouraging, always smiling and saying "thank you" to all the staff. His smile brightens my day, hehe..

Lo and behold, his wife gave me some food this afternoon when she came to see Mr. L. A bit touched, quite surprised. However the satisfaction was the smile on their faces.


Appreciate the snacks they gave me today, but a bit scared of getting some infection or whatever, honestly. Haha...
Hmmmmm... Eat lah! hehe..

Gave, now received,
I did not give to receive,
this is not prosperity gospel.

No comments: