Tuesday, August 17

Yingevarikiri?

This evening there was an elderly Indian lady whom only spoke in Tamil, who was complaining and appeared to be suffering. The only nurses in the cubicle were two miserable fellow student nurses who were from China. The girls were helpless and I saw them running around searching for a translator. Was amused enough to become a busybody since I had nothing much on my hands, so I audaciously told the students I could understand a bit of Tamil.

"Yingevarikini?", I asked the frail lady who was in great pain. Then I couldn't understand a thing the moment she replied, Malay didn't work so in the end we got hold of an Indian clerk to help with the translation. Hahaha...

There's an Indian patient in my cubicle now who is willing to teach me simple Tamil! Hope I learn fast.

2 comments:

Lo Kelween said...

haha~ funny la...

Joel Yap said...

i know la you speak better Tamil...
Teach me Cantonese!