Tuesday, August 10

I'm Attached!

Yes indeed I am, for the first time! Fast, huh?
I am attached to Tan Tock Seng Hospital for my first clinical posting!


Still single, not sure what you were thinking...


Today's the first day, the hospital was very kind to give us an orientation rather than throwing all the students into wards for work. Was so worried about being late today actually, as I got stuck in a traffic jam last night on the way to Singapore, dead beat when I reached here. Thank God for mercy that I made it.
Rushed out as soon as I gathered enough determinancy to get out of bed.

Anyway I had a good time at the hospital, found out that the ward that I am about to be "working" in for the next 3 weeks is not air-conditioned. Quite happy about it as working under lower temperatures for 8 hours a day is no joke; but on the other hand I am afraid of sweating too much. Hope all goes well.
 The programme today came to an end at around 4(few minutes earlier actually) and I left with anticipation of what tomorrow holds.

Today's weather was hot hot hot, wonder if the clouds in the sky went on study break like the rest of the students in Singaporean Polytechnics now.
I made use of the Sun, hand-washed my uniform and some other clothes.
In the evening something historical happened! A miracle, an unexpected event! For since a long time, a long long time, I'm talking about an "at least 3 years or more" kind of long time, today I, Joel Yap used a clothes iron.
I ironed my student nurse uniform for the first time, because it is my first student nurse uniform, of course it had to be my first time! But hey, for the first time in so many years I finally touched an iron!

Glad to be "attached"!
Wanna do well in this clinical posting and the subsequent semestral examination, so I may truly enjoy my holiday thereupon. People who work hard earn their rest.

Can't wait for holidays!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Joel..glad u enjoyed attachment..more days to come! hopefully u'll learn a lot from it ya..be more hardworking & more self-discipline to wake up early..nurses emphasise a lot of punctuality..haha!all the best joel:)

Joel Yap said...

Two more long weeks after today!

How nice if I could choose to do afternoon shift everyday... =P

Thank you!!!!