Friday, August 27

I'm Single!

I was attached to the Hokkien guy, now I'm no longer attached.

Today marks the end of my first 3-week clinical posting at Tan Tock Seng Hospital. Oh what an experience it has been, an unforgetable one I reckon.
It wasn't easy yet it wasn't dreadful despite the torturing early mornings.
Haha, waking up before 6 again isn't that enjoyable okay? So I prefer starting work in the afternoons though each shift has its own sweet and sour.

During these three weeks I got along pretty well with a few patients and I appreciate their friendship as I treasured the opportunities for me to care for them practically. However many of these patients have left the ward, now I have left the ward as well, am actually starting to miss them. These people out of nowhere whom I met lying in my cubicle.
Have to remember that I was at the hospital for attachment, not to be attached to its patients. Remember the purpose of a patient's admission is to be fit for discharge.

Taking care of my patients was a learning process by itself, not just application of knowledge gained in college. The people in the ward taught me humility, service, sensitivity, communication and more.
Talk about communication!
I was never so proud of speaking in Malay.
Never so regretful of not speaking fluent Hokkien.

Anyway, time to rest, then time to work again. Work at studying for the upcoming examination. But focus a bit more on rest. Hahaha!
Now for the near future I need not live by multiple alarms. Getting ready for semestral examinations prior to HOLIDAY! Can't wait for the holiday...


By the way, the best thing about being a student nurse is to be called "dear" or "sayang" by the staff; the worst thing for me is to be addressed as "missy" by some patients!

No comments: