Monday, August 30

Hard to live

Just saw a tweet from a friend of mine a few seconds ago, she's a fellow hometown mate who came to Singapore to study a year before me. In her tweet she said that it is so hard to live nowadays, living cost is so high! Hahaha, I immediately related to that.

City life, I hate it.
You pay so much for food, transport, lodging and basically everything else. Adding to that, the currency exchange rate isn't helping either. Students living abroad really ought to take time to understand and appreciate what their parents go through in order to let them study.

An economical meal out here costs around 3 to 5 dollars? A bus ride or train ride for everage a dollar or sometimes less, usually more. I don't even want to mention rental.
It's crazy, despite being stingy on meals and all, I look at my expenses and dare not even multiply it to Malaysian Ringgit. Haha...

In an economically growing society with advancement and upgrading all around, there are bound to have some people left behind. I see them on TV, out on the streets, and I see some in the hospital. Pity those folks who need to struggle so hard to survive in such an urbanised city that was once a much more greener peaceful land.

I wonder if the apostle Paul knew about insurances when he said "to die is gain".

Inflation and increment of cost of living, happening everywhere! Why must money be so important to everyone? =(

Anyway no matter how hard I find to accept this, living is supposed to be tough here on Earth with no regards to cost in terms of finance. Life here is just a test. Pass and you'll live happily forever.
Really hope to finish this race well.

No comments: